Facing Covid-19, we're together!
Some frequently asked questions
1. What is PruBCover+ ?
PruBCover+ is free coverage for new and existing clients of Prudential Beneficial General Insurance, as well as individuals covered under their policy(ies), to provide financial support in the event of hospitalization or death as a result of VIDOC-19.
2. Who is eligible for coverage?
All existing and new Prudential Beneficial General Insurance customers will receive 100% of the benefits of this benefit by default while secondary policyholders will receive 50%.
The premium waiver only applies to existing clients whose policies are active on April 1, 2020. It is free of charge for all these clients. Prudential Beneficial General Insurance will pay the premium for this coverage to provide additional peace of mind to these clients as we collectively protect ourselves against COVID-19.
3. What is the period of coverage?
This PruBCover+ warranty is valid from April 1st to April 3rd1 August 2020for all contracts up to date as of April 1, 2020. Prudential Beneficial General Insurance reserves the right to extend this deadline.
For prospective / new customers, PruBCover+ coverage will be valid for 45 days from the effective date stated in the insurance contract for all active policies on or before July 1, 2020.
4. What are the benefits?
- Hospitality allowance :
For any client hospitalized due to COVID-19, we pay a daily hospitalization allowance of 5000 FCFA for a maximum period of 30 days.
- Death Benefit .
In the event of death related to COVID-19 of a new insured, we pay a death benefit of 1 million FCFA to the beneficiaries.
- Waiver of Premium:
For existing clients whose premiums are up to date as of April 1, 2020, we offer a 3-month premium holiday if the insured contracts the covid-19 virus and is unable to pay the premium himself .
This benefit applies to monthly health insurance insureds.
Type of Benefits
5 000 FCFA
1 000 000 FCFA
500 000 FCFA
Amount of premium
5. How do I make a Claim?
In the event of the occurrence of the insured risks, Prudential Beneficial General Insurance must be notified in writing on our website. www.prubeneficial.cm, at email@example.com or via WhatsApp +237 680 069 493
6. What documents are required?
The documents required are as follows:
a. A completed claim form (accessible via our client area on our website). www.prubeneficial.cm, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp +237 680 069 493 on request or in one of our branches)
b. A valid national identity card
c. Evidence of the State's diagnosis of COVID-19
d. A medical prescription by the State confirming hospitalisation
e. The death certificate.
7. How long does it take to be compensated?
We will settle claims within 48 hours of receipt of all of the above documents.
We're not required to cover the damage if..:
1. The death is not directly related to COVID-19. Please note, however, that in this case, the terms and conditions of your insurance contract will apply.
2. After the contract took effect, the covered person(s) travelled to a country or area included in the list ofcountrywith a high transmission rate of COVID-19 »as announced by the Ministry of Health or the World Health Organization at the time of their travel.
3. The insured person is self-isolated or hospitalized but has not been officially diagnosed and hospitalized by the state.
The following provisions apply to new customers only:
1. The covered person(s) has (have) already been officially diagnosed or is (are) already showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 at the time of application to the benefit ;
2. The covered person(s) has (have) been placed in mandatory quarantine within the last 14 days from the date of application.
Other important points to note :
- Coverage will be available to all clients with an active policy (with up-to-date premium payments).
- Clients with more than one existing active policy will be covered and will only be able to make one claim under the COVID-19 benefit.
-A claim can only be made for a single times for each insured.
-Insured persons covered means all persons covered by the contractor's existing active insurance contract(s).
-An active policy is a Prudential Beneficial General Insurance policy that has not lapsed, been cancelled or terminated and on which premiums are received as stipulated in the related contract.
Disclaimer of Liability
This brochure is a brief presentation of the COVID-19 benefit and is not an insurance contract, but only a reference. It is recommended that you obtain a copy and refer to the general terms and conditions of this policy.
Contact us today
Telephone: +237 699151237/ 694 424411
WhatsApp +237 680 069 493
Here is the government number to contact in case of a case or symptoms of COVID-19 1510.
Let's face COVID-19 together!
Frequently asked questions
1. What is PruBCover+?
PruBCover+ is a free cover for Prudential Beneficial General Insurance's new and existing customers, to provide them and the Covered Lives under their policy(ies), with financial support in the unfortunate event of a diagnosis, hospitalization or death as a direct result of COVID-19.
2. Who is eligible for cover?
All new and existing customers of Prudential Beneficial General Insurance and their insured dependants who reside in Cameroon. The insured will receive 100% of the benefits of this cover and the insured dependants covered in their policy(ies) will receive 50% of the benefits. The waiver of premium applies only to existing customers whose policy is in force on April 1 2020.
3. What is the cover period?
The PruBCover+ benefit promotional cover will be effective from April 1rst to August 31, 2020. Prudential Beneficial General Insurance reserves the right to extend the cover at our discretion. For prospective/ new clients, PruBCover+ benefit will run for 45 days after the effective date stated on the policy document for all polices with effective dates on or before 1 July 2020.
4. What are the available benefits?
- Hospital Income Benefit:
In the event that the insured life is hospitalized as a result of COVID-19 virus, a daily benefit will be paid to the insured life up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Death Benefit:
In the event the insured loses his/her life as a direct result the COVID-19 virus, a lump sum will be paid to the beneficiaries of the insured life. For existing customers, this amount is paid in addition to the subscribed capital.
- Waiver of Premium Benefit:
In the event that a client is diagnosed with COVID-19 and is unable to pay their premium, Prudential Beneficial will waive their premium payment for a period of three months . This guarantee applies to existing and active customers as at 1 APRIL 2020.
5 000 FCFA
1 000 000 FCFA
500 000 FCFA
Waiver of Premium Benefit
5. How do I make a claim?
In the event of the occurrence of the insured risks, Prudential Beneficial General Insurance should be notified in writing through our web-site www.prubeneficial.cm, via email email@example.com or via WhatsApp +237 680 069 493.
6. What is the required documentation?
Documents required are:
a. A completed claims form (which can be accessed through our Client Space on our Web-site; or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and WhatsApp +237 680 069 493 upon request or at any of our branches)
b. A valid national ID
c. Proof of diagnosis of COVID-19 by the State
d. A medical order confirming State hospitalization
e. Proof of death as a direct result of the disease
7. How long does it take to process a claim?
We will pay all valid claims within 48 hours of receipt of all required documents.
We are not liable to pay claims if:
1. Death is not caused as a direct result of the COVID-19. Please note however, that in this case the terms and conditions of your Insurance contract will apply.
2. On or after the start of the policy, the Covered Person(s) travelled to any country or area included in the list of "countries/ areas with active community transmission of COVID-19" as announced by the Cameroon Health Service or World Health Organisation at the time of his/her travel.
3. The covered person is in self-isolation or hospitalised but has not been officially diagnosed or hospitalised by the State.
The following shall apply to new clients only:
1. The Covered Person(s) has already officially been diagnosed with or already has signs or symptoms of COVID-19 at the time of signing on to the Benefit;
2. The Covered Person(s) was under mandatory quarantine in 14 days leading up to signing on to the Benefit.
Other important points to note
Cover will be provided for all clients with active policies. Clients with more than one active existing policy will be covered and eligible to claim only once, under the COVID-19 Benefit.
A claim can only be made once in respect of each insured life.
Covered Lives refers to all lives covered under the policyholder's active existing insurance policy (ies).
An Active Policy is a Prudential Beneficial General Insurance Policy which has not lapsed, been cancelled or terminated and on which premiums are received as stipulated in the contract of that policy.
This brochure is a brief of the COVID-19 Benefit and is for reference only and not a contract of insurance. It is recommended that you obtain a copy and go through the Terms and Conditions of this policy.
Talk to us today
Telephone: +237 699 151 237/ 694 424 411
WhatsApp +237 680 069 493
Here are the government number to contact in case of COVID-19 case or symptoms: 1510.